CYPRESS — The CFISD Board of Trustees approved the calendar committee’s recommendations for the 2021-2022 instructional calendar during its regularly scheduled meeting on Jan. 14, 2021.
State law mandates that instruction for the school year may not begin before the fourth Monday in August. For the 2021-2022 instructional year, the earliest start date is Aug. 23—which will serve as the first day of school.
In the fall semester of 2020, a calendar committee was organized to develop a calendar for the 2021-2022 school year. The committee was made up of district-wide representation, including teachers, parents, community members, campus administrators and support staff. The committee sought public input online while working to construct the calendar using the 75,600 minutes needed to complete a school year required by law.
The committee recommended a calendar to the school board that will conclude the 2021-2022 school year on May 26, 2022.
In its meetings, the committee discussed various components of developing the instructional calendars before arriving at a consensus.
2021-2022 Cy-Fair ISD important dates:
- students begin school on Monday, Aug. 23, 2021;
- Labor Day, Sept. 6, 2021, is a student/staff holiday;
- the calendar has a five-day Thanksgiving holiday (Nov. 22-26, 2021);
- an 11-day winter break is scheduled for students (Dec. 20, 2021-Jan. 3, 2022);
- a five-day spring break is scheduled for March 14-18, 2022;
- Good Friday, April 15, 2022, is a student/staff holiday;
- the school year will end on May 26, 2022 for students;
- the calendar features five teacher work days/school closure make-up days that are also student holidays: Sept. 24, 2021, Oct. 22, 2021, Jan. 14, 2022, Feb. 11, 2022 and April 18, 2022; and
- Feb. 14 and May 27, 2022 are designated as inclement weather makeup days.
Click the linked text below to download a PDF of the corresponding 2020/2021 school calendar.
The Cypress News Review is your independent, locally owned online source for news, education news, information and sports in Cypress, Texas, since 2018.
Disclaimers: This website, related social media outlets, and future expansions, are not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Bridgeland Development, LP. BRIDGELAND® is a registered trademark of Bridgeland Development, LP.
Support the Cypress News Review:
- Bookmark us!
- Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview)
- Follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
- Visit our Amazon Store.