The Texas State Guard’s 1st Battalion, 8th Regiment, Army Component, has scheduled its September drill this Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to noon at the Rosenberg National Guard Armory located at 2020 Wallace Wehring Road, Rosenberg, Texas 77471.
September drill activities include: Ground Search and Rescue: Rope Skills, Land Navigation: Compass Course, First Aid Demonstration, Force Defense Demonstration.
The mission of the TXSG is to provide mission-ready military forces to assist state and local authorities in times of state emergencies. Members of the TXSG are experts in real-time electronic tracking of evacuees, shelter operations, and POD Operations (Points of Distribution for essential commodities). Additional skills/training include ground search and rescue and land navigation.
The TXSG is in search of qualified men and women for whom “duty and honor” are guiding principles in their lives, people who, when the call for help goes out, stand together and reply: “Send me.”
If you are ready to answer the call to join, please bring the following items:
Driver’s license and Social Security Card
High school or college diploma or transcripts (unofficial copies or pictures are acceptable)
DD214 (if they have previously served in federal military service)
FAST Fingerprinting Receipt – appointment must be completed at an Identogo location using the service code 11G7VN – Instructions below:
- Go to http://www.identogo.com/FP/texas.aspx and click on “Online Scheduling”
- For Service Code, enter 11G7VN
- Complete the information fields
- Select your appointment date/time
- PRINT the Confirmation Page (an email should be sent as well) – take this with you to your Appointment along with the stated form of ID (e.g. Driver’s License)
For further information regarding this event or about the Texas State Guard in general, please visit https://tmd.texas.gov/join-the-state-guard.
You can support the Cypress News Review in a handful of ways.
1. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
2. Click any and all ads that interest you on our website. This helps our supporters know that you like our content!
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.