CYPRESS — Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is scheduled to hold a Board of Trustees candidate forum for the upcoming 2021 election on Tuesday, Oct. 12 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the theater of the Berry Center (8877 Barker Cypress).
The forum will give the CFISD community an opportunity to hear from candidates leading up to Election Day on Nov. 2.
The following candidates filed by the Aug. 16 deadline and drew for ballot position on Aug. 26:
- Courtney Spradley
- Natalie Blasingame
- Grace Horner
- John Ogletree
- Todd LeCompte
- Xavier Leal
- Ryan C. Irving, Jr.
- Don Ryan
- Chris Harrison
- Scott Henry
- Michael V. Perez
- Craig A. Jacobs
- Bob R. Covey
- Lucas Scanlon
The forum will begin with candidates introducing themselves and providing relevant information concerning their candidacy, followed by a formal question-and-answer session moderated by Jason Culpepper, Houston Metro publisher for Community Impact Newspaper.
The candidate forum will air live on the district website and on CFTV (Comcast Channel 16). Stream the event live at https://livestream.com/accounts/6787727/events/9877417.
All questions must be submitted in advance by visiting https://cyfairisd.formstack.com/forms/board_candidate_forum_2021.
- In order to cover a variety of topics, similar questions will be consolidated.
- Questions may be reworded to ensure conciseness.
- Questions will be randomly drawn by the moderator.
- The number of questions asked will depend on time available.
- Questions will be directed at all candidates.
- Each candidate will have one minute to answer each question.
- The deadline for submitting questions is Oct. 11 at 5 p.m.
The last day to register to vote is Oct. 4. Early voting for the Trustee Election will be held Oct. 18-29. Early ballot applications and early ballot mail votes may be sent to Isabel Longoria, Harris County Elections Administrator, Attn. Elections Division, P.O. Box 1148, Houston, Texas, 77251-1148. Applications for ballot-for-mail must be received no later than the close of business on Oct. 22. Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 2, and the polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Additional information including voting locations may be obtained by visiting www.harrisvotes.com.
Learn more about the candidates by visiting the Board of Trustees Election webpage.
The Cypress News Review is your independent, locally owned online source for news, education news, information and sports in Cypress, Texas, since 2018.
Support the Cypress News Review:
- Bookmark us!
- Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview)
- Follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
- Visit our Amazon Store.