CYPRESS — The seventh annual CFISD Back-to-School Expo is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 10 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Berry Center (8877 Barker Cypress Road). The Expo will have numerous resources to help incoming students, parents and prospective employees.
Last year’s event saw more than 3,700 patrons and guests.
New students (K-12) can register for the 2019-2020 school year at the Expo with proper documentation.
A parent/guardian’s photo ID, the student’s birth certificate, current immunization records and proof of residency are required. Registration forms will be available in English and Spanish.
Immunizations will be available for students and will be administered by the Harris County Health Department. Those with Medicaid, CHIP and Gold Card or no medical insurance can receive immunizations. Parents/guardians are asked to provide current shot records.
CFISD health services will administer vision screenings (not a complete eye exam) and business partner Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital will provide athletic physicals for $20 apiece (cash only).
Representatives from CFISD human resources will be onsite to assist with employment opportunities.
Other Expo highlights include:
- Club Rewind before-and-after school care registration;
- Walmart Neighborhood Market giveaway of school supplies, fresh fruit and vegetables while supplies last; and
- Cy-Fair Community Health Center Medicaid insurance applications and school-based health center applications.
The following business partners have sponsored this year’s Back-to-School Expo:
- Harris County Health Department;
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital; and
- Walmart Neighborhood Market
“CFISD is looking forward to welcoming our new students and families to the 2019-2020 school year,” said Ify Ogwumike, assistant superintendent for student services. “For seven years, the Back-to-school Expo has offered a “one-stop” resource for newcomers to the district to facilitate a smooth beginning to the school year that includes registration, immunizations, athletics physicals, vision screening, CPR, school supplies from Walmart and other services. Each year we build upon our community turnout and supportive business partners to facilitate this great event, which embodies the enduring theme of CFISD, ‘Opportunities for All.’”
For more information about this year’s Back-to-School Expo, visit the CFISD website.
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).