CYPRESS TEXAS — The CFISD human resources department invites prospective employees interested in becoming a part of an exciting future with Cypress-Fairbanks ISD to attend the districtwide meet-and-greet Career Fair, set for April 24 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. (doors open at 3:30 p.m.) at the Berry Center (8877 Barker Cypress Road).
The event will feature administrators from district campuses and departments who will interact with prospective teachers and employees interested in joining a flourishing yet close-knit learning community that has a vision to LEAD: Learn. Empower. Achieve. Dream.
The CFISD police department will be among many in attendance at the districtwide meet-and-greet Career Fair, to be held April 24 at the Berry Center.
CFISD, the third-largest school district in Texas and 22nd-largest in the nation, has more than 16,000 employees, making it one of the largest employers in northwest Harris County. The district is committed to developing each employee into the most effective catalyst for student success.
The human resources department hired more than 1,000 teachers in the 2018-2019 school year and is seeking qualified and certified teaching candidates for the 2019-2020 school year. CFISD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, with a starting teacher salary of $54,000 (2018-2019).
Goodson Middle School Principal Richard Dixon (right) visit with a guest at the CFISD Career Fair in April 2018. The 2019 event is scheduled for April 24 at the Berry Center
The district is in critical need of filling positions in the following areas:
- secondary mathematics teachers;
- secondary science teachers;
- secondary English teachers;
- bilingual teachers;
- LIFE skills teachers;
- Adaptive Behavior teachers;
- speech pathologists;
- librarians; and
- career and technical education instructors.
Departments represented at the Career Fair are expected to include, but not be limited to:
- CFISD police department;
- maintenance department;
- operations (custodians) department;
- transportation department;
- Berry Center (part-time event staff);
- substitute office;
- community programs; and
- paraeducators (e.g. clinical assistants and instructional aides).
For more information, visit the Career Fair webpage at www.cfisd.net/careerfair.
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).