CYPRESS — Eight CFISD students will represent the district as their artwork is up for selection to the Texas Art Education Association Youth Art Month Capitol Exhibit, which will be on display during March at both the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas State Capitol Building.
The students are in the running to have their work showcased among other artists from more than 50 participating school districts and private and charter schools.
From those submissions, approximately 115 pieces will be chosen to be on display in March during Youth Art Month. The exhibit will begin at the museum from March 3-17 before it’s moved to the Texas State Capitol Building’s lower rotunda from March 24-31.
Selected students will also be recognized during the annual Youth Art Month Celebration, Awards and Reception on March 10 at the museum.
CFISD artists chosen were:
- Emma Berkel, Duryea Elementary School;
- Stella Rogers, Wells Elementary School;
- Nita Nguyen, Kahla Middle School;
- Ashlyn Breanne Smith, Cypress Lakes High School;
- Bao Han Tran, Cypress Lakes High School;
- Khoa Nguyen, Cypress Lakes High School;
- Jasmin Damaris Sorto, Cypress Springs High School; and
- Samantha Gonzalez, Cypress Springs High School.
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.