Bookmark www.cypressnewsreview.com, and please share our content on your preferred social media apps to help us tell your story — the Cypress story!
Numerous CFISD students were cast in the Artisan Ballet Company’s 12th annual performance of The Nutcracker. Among those in lead roles were Bleyl Middle School sixth-grade student Brynna Barrett (second row, third from left), Aragon Middle School eighth-grade student Ellie Nelson (second row, second from right) and Cypress Woods freshman Claire Hodges (second row, third from left).
CYPRESS — Numerous CFISD students were cast in the Artisan Ballet Company’s 12th annual performance of The Nutcracker, which will be Dec. 8-9 at the Berry Center (8877 Barker Cypress).
Among the roles are Clara, which will be performed by Bleyl Middle School sixth-grade student Brynna Barrett. Cypress Woods High School freshman Riley Fry will dance as Toy Soldier, Kissy Doll and the Arabian Pas de Deux.
Aragon Middle School eighth-grade student Ellie Nelson will dance as Clara’s Mother and the Dew Drop Fairy, while Cypress Woods freshman Claire Hodges will dance the Spanish Pas de Deux.
Other CFISD students cast in the production include:
- Karli Bay, Cy-Fair High School;
- Maria Boliver and Valentina Bravo, Yeager Elementary School;
- London Bentley and Emma Mangold, Hamilton Elementary School;
- Lulu Caldwell, Lily Marshall and Kiera Villalobos, Moore Elementary School;
- Daniella Marroquin and Madelyn Nguyen, Black Elementary School; and
- Noelle Scott, A. Robison Elementary School.
Established in 2000, Artisan Ballet Company is a pre-professional ballet company serving the Cypress, Klein and Tomball communities.
There are two performances each day. Performances on Dec. 8 will be at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., and at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Dec. 9.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at http://artisanschoolofdance.tix.com.
You can support the Cypress News Review in a handful of ways.
1. We’re uploading our action and news photos to a new reseller. https://cypressnewsreview.pixieset.com/
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Click any and all ads that interest you on our website. This helps our supporters know that you like our content!
4. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.