Who goes Division I?
According to the UIL, in Conference 6A, “the top four teams from each district advance to the playoffs. The two schools with the largest enrollments automatically advance to the Division I bracket. The remaining two schools advance into the Division II bracket.”
This means that the third and fourth place teams could go into Division I if their high school has a bigger student population compared to a district champion and runner-up team.
There are two state champions per conference in Conference 6A — The Division I and the Division II champions.
When is the Class 5A and Class 6A state championships?
Due to the changes for COVID-19 imposed by the state, the Class 5A and 6A teams started their seasons weeks after the “small school” 1A-4A teams did. While the 1A-4A state titles will be decided just before Christmas break, the “big school” conferences won’t finish the playoffs until January 15 and 16.
As of Nov. 28, the location is still listed as TBD: To Be Determined, on the UIL website.
What if my kid’s school has a COVID-19 outbreak?
As seen in the 1A-4A playoffs so far, teams have forfeited their playoff games due to COVID-19 outbreaks in their team rosters and overall schools, and as a result ended their seasons. There are no second chances, or a loser’s bracket in Texas public school playoffs. In other words, #MaskUp and wear a mask to do your part in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
Playoff times and locations are below the ad.
2020 Bi-District Championship schedule:
The Division I teams from Cypress’ two districts are 16-6A: Cy Woods and Cy Ranch; 17-6A: Cy-Fair and Jersey Village.
- Cypress Woods is scheduled to play Klein Cain on Thursday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. at Klein Memorial Stadium (16607 Stuebner-Airline Road);
- Cypress Ranch is scheduled to play Klein Oak on Friday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium;
- Cy-Fair is scheduled to play Houston Westside on Thursday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. at Pridgeon Stadium (11355 Falcon Road);
- Jersey Village is scheduled to play Houston Bellaire on Friday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. at Houston ISD’s Delmar Stadium (1900 Mangum Road).
The Division II teams from Cypress’ two districts are 16-6A: Bridgeland ® High School and Cy Park; 17-6A: Cy Creek and Spring Branch Memorial.
- Cypress Park is scheduled to play Tomball Memorial on Thursday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. at Tomball ISD Stadium (13620 Zion Road);
- Bridgeland ® High School is scheduled to play Klein Collins on Thursday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium (8877 Barker Cypress Road);
- Cypress Creek is scheduled to play Houston Heights on Saturday, Dec. 12 at 1 p.m. at Delmar Stadium.
Entire 6A Division I playoff brackets
The Class 6A Division I playoff brackets for the entire state of Texas are below.
The Cypress News Review is your independent, locally owned online source for news, education news, information and sports in Cypress, Texas, since 2018.
Disclaimers: This website, related social media outlets, and future expansions, are not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Bridgeland Development, LP. BRIDGELAND® is a registered trademark of Bridgeland Development, LP.
Support the Cypress News Review:
- Bookmark us!
- Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview)
- Follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
- Visit our Amazon Store.