KATY TEXAS — Constable Ted Heap’s deputies are investigating a rash of tire thefts across West Harris County.
At least six vehicles have been targeted, all of them GMC or Chevy trucks or SUVs.
The crimes are being committed in the pre-dawn hours in multiple neighborhoods across Precinct 5, including Meyerland, Aberdeen Green, Hearthstone and Copperfield. In each case, the thieves, working in teams, have stolen tires and rims off these trucks quickly and quietly, leaving the vehicles resting on landscape blocks in front of the victim’s home or parked in the victim’s driveway.
Heap says there are many steps you can take to help protect your vehicles from these thieves:
• Park your car or truck in your garage.
• Install a car alarm that includes wheel sensors.
• When parking on the street, park as close as possible to the curb.
• When parking in a driveway, turn your steering wheel and tires fully to one side.
• Use wheel locks on each wheel, including your spare tire, as an additional deterrent.
• Add motion lights and/or security cameras around your parking area.
• Watch out for your neighbors and ask your neighbors to watch out for you and your property too.
If you see suspicious activity or have any information that might help with the investigation of these thefts, Constable Heap asks you to call us at 281-463-6666 or let deputies know through our online crime tips webpage: https://constablepct5.com/index.php/online-crime-tips
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.