CYPRESS — CFISD basketball coaches have released the finalized bracket for the 12th annual Houston Methodist Cy-Hoops Invitational, to be held Dec. 9-11, 2021, at three CFISD high schools and the Berry Center.
The three-day, 22-team tournament features Premier Sponsors Wainwright Dental & Associates, P.C., Spradley Endodontics and Spring Cypress Oral Surgery and Implant Center. Xerox Business Solutions Southwest will serve as the bracket sponsor. Proceeds from the tournament will help fund Cy-Fair Educational Foundation scholarships for graduating CFISD seniors and staff development programs.
Tournament games will be played at the following locations:
- Cy-Fair High School (22602 Northwest Freeway);
- Cypress Falls High School (9811 Huffmeister Road);
- Cypress Park High School (7425 Westgreen Blvd.); and
- the Berry Center arena (8877 Barker Cypress Road – entrance 2).
A tournament bracket is available on the Cy-Hoops page of the Berry Center website. The following first-round games are set for Thursday, Dec. 9:
- Bridgeland® vs. Mansfield Summit, Cypress Park gym 1;
- Cypress Lakes vs. Dickinson, Cy-Fair gym 2;
- Cypress Ranch vs. Jersey Village, Cypress Falls gym 2;
- Cypress Woods vs. Humble Summer Creek, Cypress Falls gym 1; and
- McKinney vs. Klein, Cy-Fair gym 1;
- Cy-Fair vs. Langham Creek, Cy-Fair gym 1;
- Cypress Creek vs. Cypress Springs, Cypress Falls gym 2;
- Cypress Falls vs. Spring, Cypress Falls gym 1;
- Cypress Ridge vs. South Grand Prairie, Cy-Fair gym 2; and
- Alvin Shadow Creek vs. Spring Dekaney, Cypress Park gym 1; and
- Cypress Park vs. Harker Heights, Cypress Park gym 1.
All teams are guaranteed three games and will advance to play throughout the day on Friday, Dec. 10 at Cypress Falls, Cypress Park and the Berry Center. The tournament semifinals are scheduled for 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 12 at the Berry Center, with the championship game set for 5:30 p.m. The consolation final will follow the championship semifinals.
CFISD’s 12 high school boys’ basketball teams will participate in the tournament. Cypress Creek is currently No. 21 in Class 6A in the most recent Texas Association of Basketball Coaches rankings, while Cypress Ranch and Cypress Park entered the 2021-2022 season ranked.
McKinney is currently No. 3 in 6A, while the field also includes 6A No. 12 Humble Summer Creek and 5A No. 15. Mansfield Summit.
Tickets will be sold at the gate for $5 (adults) and $3 (students), with a tournament pass granting access to all games for $10. For Berry Center games only, any child or student wearing a youth/school team jersey and accompanied by a parent will be admitted free. Middle school basketball players will be admitted for free at the Berry Center on Friday, Dec. 10, and a halftime competition for participants is scheduled for the 6 p.m. game.
Student groups from Rennell Elementary School, CyFair YLPA and Dance Central are scheduled to perform at halftime during games Friday and Saturday at the Berry Center.
Disclaimers: This website, related social media outlets, and future expansions, are not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Bridgeland Development, LP. BRIDGELAND® is a registered trademark of Bridgeland Development, LP.