CYPRESS TEXAS — The Cy-Fair and Cypress Ranch high school baseball teams advanced past the area round of the Class 6A postseason and move on to the regional quarterfinals this week, while Cypress Woods High School concluded its season and finished as an area finalist.
Cypress Ranch High School beat Klein Collins, 3-2, in extra innings. The Mustangs advance to the Region II-6A quarterfinals and will face Round Rock in a best-of-three series at the Mumford ISD Baseball Complex (9055 FM 50):
- Game 1 – 7:30 p.m. on May 16;
- Game 2 – 7:30 p.m. on May 17; and
- Game 3, if necessary – 1 p.m. on May 18.
Tickets will be sold at the gate for $5 for adults and $3 for students.
Cy-Fair High School defeated Katy Tompkins in a best-of-three series by the scores of 0-9, 3-0 and 5-0. The Bobcats advance to the Region III-6A quarterfinals and will meet Fort Bend Ridge Point in a best-of-three series at Katy Mayde Creek High School (19202 Groeschke Road):
- Game 1 – 7 p.m. on May 16;
- Game 2 – 7 p.m. on May 17; and
- Game 3, if necessary – 2 p.m. on May 18.
Tickets will be sold at the gate for $5 each (adults and students).
Cy-Fair High School junior Rhett McCaffety (No. 1) continued pitching well for the Bobcats in their series win over Katy Tompkins in the area round. McCaffety tossed a no-hitter in the second game of the best-of-three series, giving him 21 strikeouts through two postseason starts. Cy-Fair advances to the Region III-6A quarterfinals to face Fort Bend Ridge Point.
Cypress Woods High School was defeated by Conroe The Woodlands by the scores of 7-8, 5-3 and 1-8. The Wildcats were District 14-6A’s second seed and finished as area round finalists.
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).