CYPRESS TEXAS — The District 14-6A and District 17-6A boys’ basketball seasons wrapped up Feb. 12 with six CFISD teams qualifying for the UIL playoffs.
Cypress Ranch and Cypress Springs high schools shared the championship in 14-6A for the 2018-2019 season with identical 14-2 records in district play.
The Mustangs will advance as the first seed after winning a coin flip.
Both schools finished two games ahead of Langham Creek High School, which placed third with a 12-4 mark in league games.
The Cypress Springs High School boys’ basketball team celebrates its District 14-6A co-championship going into the postseason. The Panthers are the district’s second seed and will face Round Rock McNeil at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Bryan Rudder High School.
The three teams will enter the UIL Region II-6A playoffs with the following bi-district matchups:
- Cypress Ranch will face Austin Vandegrift at 7 p.m. on Feb. 19 at A&M Consolidated High School (1801 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy) in College Station;
- Cypress Springs will matchup against Round Rock McNeil at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Bryan Rudder High School (3251 Austins Colony Pkwy) in Bryan; and
- Langham Creek will meet Round Rock at 7 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Hearne High School (1201 W. Brown St.).
Tickets for 14-6A playoff games will be sold at the gate for $5 for adults and $3 for students.
The Cy-Fair and Cypress Creek boys’ basketball teams both qualified for the UIL playoffs. The Cougars earned the second seed in District 17-6A and will face Houston Lamar at 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Houston ISD’s Delmar Fieldhouse. The Bobcats will be the third seed and meet Houston Bellaire at 7 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Houston ISD’s Barnett Fieldhouse.
In 17-6A, Cypress Creek High School earned the second seed, finishing one game behind Springs Woods High School with a 12-4 mark in league play. Cy-Fair High School went 11-5 to place third, while Cypress Ridge High School earned the fourth seed with a 10-6 record in district play.
The three teams will enter the UIL Region III-6A playoffs with the following bi-district matchups:
- Cypress Creek will face Houston Lamar at 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Houston ISD’s Delmar Fieldhouse (2020 Mangum Road);
- Cy-Fair will matchup against Houston Bellaire at 7 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Houston ISD’s Barnett Fieldhouse (6800 Fairway Drive); and
- Cypress Ridge will face Houston Sam Houston at 7 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Houston ISD’s Pavilion (7525 Tidwell Road).
Cypress Springs High School junior Vernon Broughton and the boys’ basketball team finished as the fourth seed in District 17-6A and will matchup against Houston Sam Houston at 7 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Houston ISD’s Pavilion.
Tickets for 17-6A playoff games will be sold at the gate for $5 each (adults and students).
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.