CYPRESS — Cypress Woods High School students earned 10 top-five finishes in the Sugar Land eighth annual Computer Science Coding Contest, held Nov. 10 at Fort Bend Clements High School.
Those earning first place in their respective events were seniors Sammy Armstrong and Anand Iyer, juniors Brian Janger and Steven Cheng, sophomore Alex Huang and freshman Ben Armstrong.
“The Cypress Woods Computer Science team has been working hard all year,” said Stacey Armstrong, Cypress Woods computer science teacher and UIL academic coordinator. “They give a 212 effort at each contest, building momentum for more contests in the spring.”
The following students placed at the competition:
- Steven Cheng, Sammy Armstrong and Anand Iyer – first place;
- Tristan Wiesepape, Rahul Shanmugham and Zeke Gurbuz – third place; and
- Ashay Swadi, Aayush Gupta and Govidh Chada – fifth place.
- Anand Iyer – first place;
- Steven Cheng – second place;
- Sammy Armstrong – third place; and
- Ashay Swadi – eighth place.
- Ben Armstrong, Alex Huang and Brian Janger – first place; and
- Ramya Iyer, Letizia Fazzini and Ashwin Samsuradaram – third place.
- Alex Huang – first place;
- Ramya Iyer – third place;
- Brian Janger – eighth place;
- Ashwin Samsuradaram – ninth place; and
- Letizia Fazzini – 10th place.
You can support the Cypress News Review in a handful of ways.
1. We’re uploading our action and news photos to a new reseller. https://cypressnewsreview.pixieset.com/
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.