AUSTIN — Led by Cypress Creek High School freshman Hayden Miller, CFISD swimmers captured one championship medal and six other top-10 finishes at the UIL Swimming and Diving Class 6A State Meet, held Feb. 15-16 at the Texas Swim Center in Austin.
Miller earned a state championship in her first appearance, winning the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 4:50.13.
The Cypress Creek high school girls had the best finish among district teams, placing 15th overall with 45 points.
CFISD’s other top-10 female finishers are as follows:
- Cypress Creek freshman Hayden Miller – fifth place, 200 freestyle (1:51.24); and
- Cypress Woods senior Sydney Stanford
- fifth place, 100 freestyle (50.74); and
- fifth place, 100 backstroke (56.76).
CFISD’s top-10 male finishers are as follows:
- Cy-Fair junior Cameron Dafoe
- fifth place, 200 individual medley (1:50.62); and
- 10th place, 100 backstroke (51.17); and
- CFISD HS #12 sophomore Jackson Dement – 10th place, 500 freestyle (4:31.48).
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.