AUSTIN — CFISD track and field teams will send six girls’ entries and two boys’ entries to the UIL Track and Field State Meet, May 10-11 at Mike A. Myers Stadium at the University of Texas in Austin. They qualified after placing in their respective events at the Region II-6A meet at Waco Midway High School and Region III-6A meet at Clear Creek ISD’s Challenger-Columbia Stadium in Webster.
The Cypress Woods High School girls’ track and field team placed the highest among CFISD teams in the two meets, as the Wildcats tallied 34 points to finish tied for fourth with Plano East in Region II-6A. The Cypress Springs High School girls’ track and field team was CFISD’s other top-10 finisher, placing tied for ninth in Region II-6A with 24 points. Cypress Ranch (17 points), Cypress Lakes (17) and Langham Creek (13) high schools all finished among the top 20.
Cypress Ranch High School senior Victor Collins qualified for the UIL Track and Field State Meet in Austin after placing second in the long jump at the Region II-6A meet.
The following girls qualified for Class 6A state meet:
- CFISD HS #12’s Cassidy Graham placed third in the 1,600-meter run (4:58.43);
- Cypress Lakes’ Keayla Dove placed third in the shot put (44-5.25);
- Cypress Ranch’s Hannah Miller placed third in the pole vault (12-3);
- Cypress Woods’ Lauren Lucas:
- placed second in the 100-meter dash (11.56); and
- placed second in the long jump (18-6.75); and
- Cypress Woods’ 4×100-meter relay team of Kristen Hughes, Jordan Perry, Nia Sims and Lauren Lucas placed second with a time of 46.48.
On the boys’ side, Cypress Woods placed the highest among CFISD teams, finishing 17th in Region II-6A with 15 points.
In Region III, the Cypress Ridge High School boys’ track and field team (10 points) finished tied for 19th in the final team standings.
The following boys qualified for the Class 6A state meet:
- Cypress Ranch’s Victor Collins placed second in the long jump (23-4); and
- Cypress Woods’ Sebastian Cooper placed first in the 400-meter dash (47.12).
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).