CYPRESS — CFISD wrapped its football season Nov. 10, claiming two outright district championships and seeing seven teams qualify for the UIL Class 6A postseason.
Both league champions posted undefeated records. Cypress Ranch High School went 8-0 to win the District 14-6A championship, while Jersey Village High School finished 8-0 to win the District 17-6A title.
For Jersey Village, it was the program’s first outright district championship since 1991.
Cypress Woods and Langham Creek high schools and Tomball Memorial all tied for second in 14-6A with identical 6-2 records. All three join Cypress Ranch in advancing to the playoffs.
In 17-6A, Cypress Falls and Cy-Fair high schools tied for second with identical 6-2 records and join Jersey Village in the postseason, while Cypress Creek (5-3) is the district’s fourth playoff qualifier.
The following bi-district playoff matchups are set for this week:
- Jersey Village will face Houston Chavez on Friday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. at Pridgeon Stadium (11355 Bobcat Road);
- Cypress Ranch will play Pflugerville Hendrickson on Friday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium (8877 Barker Cypress Road);
- Cy-Fair will meet Houston Lamar on Friday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. at Houston ISD’s Delmar Stadium (1900 Mangum Road);
- Langham Creek will clash with Round Rock Cedar Ridge on Friday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. at Round Rock ISD’s Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex (10211 West Parmer Lane, Austin);
- Cypress Falls will face Houston Westside on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. at Pridgeon Stadium;
- Cypress Creek will play Houston Heights on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. at Delmar Stadium; and
- Cypress Woods will meet Round Rock on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 3 p.m. at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium.
Pre-sale tickets for all games will be sold for $7 (adults reserved and general admission) and $5 (students) apiece, while tickets at the gate will be sold for $10 apiece.
For the Cypress Falls, Cypress Ranch, Cypress Woods and Jersey Village home playoff games, season ticket holders can repurchase their season ticket seats beginning Monday, Nov. 12 through 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 13. Additional available reserved and general admission seats may be purchased beginning Wednesday morning, Nov. 15 at 8 a.m. Tickets will be sold at the CFISD athletic office in the Berry Center and at the four schools per the normal ticketing procedures on each campus beginning Wednesday, Nov. 14.
For Langham Creek’s road playoff game at the Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex, general admission ticket sales will begin Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 8 a.m. Tickets will be sold on campus per customary practices at Langham Creek and the CFISD athletic office in the Berry Center.
Tickets for games at Cy-Fair FCU and Pridgeon stadiums and the Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex can also be purchased online at cy-fairtix.com.
For away playoff games at Delmar Stadium (Cypress Creek and Cy-Fair), general admission ticket sales will be available beginning Nov. 13 at 8 a.m. for the entire community. Tickets will be sold on campus and at the CFISD athletic office in the Berry Center. There will be no online ticket sales for Cypress Creek and Cy-Fair games at Delmar Stadium due to Houston ISD having a different ticketing system.
Athletic office ticket sale hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday.
You can support the Cypress News Review in a handful of ways.
1. We’re uploading our action and news photos to a new reseller. https://cypressnewsreview.pixieset.com/
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.