Unincorporated NW Harris County — Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department crews responded to a commercial gas leak in the 10700 block of Mason Road at (CFISD HS #12) in Cypress, Texas around 7:10 p.m. on Wed., Jan. 23, 2019.

Fire crews were on-scene investigating a strong odor of natural gas, and found the source and disabled gas appliances in a kitchen classroom. CenterPoint Energy was called to the scene.

No injuries were reported, and the school was unoccupied at the time of the incident, according to official sources.

Cypress Fairbanks ISD Police Department was also on-scene.

Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.