HCC Central will soon help students, faculty and staff produce digital assignments that will enhance the learning process through its One Button Studio, a simplified video recording space that can be used without any previous production knowledge.
“Having a room that is already wired for audio, lights and recording equipment will reduce the technological stress many people experience when completing coursework or wanting to create a video,” says Erica Hubbard, Director of Library Services at HCC Central.
“Now, anyone at the college will be able to create high quality, video products with a simple push of a button, and we are excited to make this available.”
The One Button Studio (OBS) also can be used by HCC students, faculty and staff to:
- Enhance clinical training in a variety of mock-patient interactions, such as the documenting of medical histories
- Practice and review mock interviews for job searches
- Complete and record career presentations for student success classes
- Rehearse speeches for Speech Communications classes
- Create instructional videos for student employees
- Record and upload videos to YouTube/EduTube
- Record lectures for online classes
The grand opening takes place at 11 a.m., Monday, Feb. 4, at the HCC Central Library, 1300 Holman Street, on the third floor of the Learning Hub Science Building. Light refreshments will be served.
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.