HCC Financial Coaches and The Houston Food Bank’s Food For Change Initiative has joined forces for a pilot program that offered 1,000 students food scholarships.
As a recipient of the food scholarship, the selected students get access to a mobile food pantry that delivers food twice a month to HCC’s Northline and Central campuses. At the bimonthly food distributions, students can have free access to 60 pounds of produce, meat, and other non-perishables. The food is considered as a monthly scholarship.
We will not be able to pull this off for students without the support of volunteers. Will you please consider helping this semester?
- Volunteers are needed for morning and afternoon shifts at Central and Northline.
- Student, faculty and staff volunteers assist with set up, break down and distribution of food from Houston Food Bank.
- Volunteer proof of service letter is available upon request.
- Great opportunity for community service hours.
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.