CYPRESS — Enjoy history and traditions at Lone Star College-CyFair’s free workshops in November and December.
The free Learning, Inspiration, Friendship and Enrichment (L.I.F.E.) programs are held Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the library (LRNC room 131 unless otherwise noted) at 9191 Barker Cypress.
• November 7 — The Excitement Continues . . .
Bleed orange once again and celebrate where we came from as Cy-Fair College 15 years ago. Wear your orange and bone up on college history. Lou Cruz, professor of chemistry and founding faculty, leads us in the Cy-Fair school song/alma mater (which she composed).
• November 14 — Gandhi: Stories of Peace and Culture
Victor Schill reveals a world of inspiring stories with themes of peace and diversity in conjunction with our exhibition from the Gandhi Library in November.
• November 21 — No Workshop – Happy Thanksgiving
• November 28 — Vietnamese Fish Soup
Our own home chef Huyen Doan comes to L.I.F.E. with her healthful and delectable soup made from fresh fish. Ask Huyen to tell us about com thang or monthly rice traditions.
• December 5 — German Christmas Markets
Librarian Lauren Hall shows us how Germans come alive during the Christmas season and celebrate this holiday with fervor. Try some non-alcoholic glühwein or kinderpunsch.
• December 12 — Christmas Carols
Bring your joy and good cheer to sing along with children’s librarian and musician Jen Crouse.
• December 19, 26, and January 2 — No Workshops
Call the library at 281.290.3214 for L.I.F.E. program information or go online to LoneStar.edu.
Helping more than 22,000 students reach their academic and career goals, Lone Star College-CyFair is the 5th comprehensive college in the Lone Star College System, located at 9191 Barker Cypress Road just three miles south of U.S. Highway 290. Tomorrow also starts today at the LSC-Fairbanks Center, located at 14955 Northwest Freeway and LSC-Cypress Center, located at 19710 Clay Road. For more information about LSC-CyFair and its programs, call 281.290.3200 or visit LoneStar.edu/cyfair.
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion. LSC consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
You can support the Cypress News Review in a handful of ways.
1. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
2. Click any and all ads that interest you on our website. This helps our supporters know that you like our content!
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.