The 2018 John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award will be presented to six Lone Star College professors by the League for Innovation in the Community College. The award celebrates leadership and exceptional contributions made by community college faculty and staff.
“Lone Star College students have access to professors whose expertise and knowledge prepare them for great careers,” said Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., LSC chancellor. “I am grateful to these professors for their hard work and congratulate them on being acknowledged as the best of the best.”
The LSC professors recognized are:
- Buck Buchanan, professor, Geography, LSC-CyFair
- Stephanie Andrews, professor, Math, LSC-Kingwood
- Kathryn Gronlund, professor, Biology, LSC-Montgomery
- Gary Clark, professor, Business, LSC-North Harris
- Cynthia Galvan, professor, Biology, LSC-Tomball
- Jermaine Johnson, professor, Criminal Justice, LSC-University Park
Recipients will be honored during a special ceremony at the League’s 21st annual Innovations conference which takes place Feb. 24 – 27 in New York City. These awards are open to League Alliance member institutions to celebrate outstanding contributions and leadership by community college faculty and staff.
John E. and Suanne D. Roueche, leaders in the community college field and early proponents of the idea that teachers have major responsibility for how well students perform in the classroom, have been partners and friends of the League for Innovation in the Community College for over 35 years.
In recognition of the long tradition of excellence in community college teaching and leadership, the League established the John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards in 2012. These awards are open to League Board and Alliance member institutions to celebrate outstanding contributions and leadership by community college faculty and staff. Recipients are recognized in a series of activities and promotions, and honored at special events at the League’s Innovations Conference each spring.
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion. LSC consists of six colleges, 10 centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Support the Cypress News Review:
1. Bookmark us!
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.