CYPRESS — This past weekend, deputies with Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman’s Office conducted an anti-street racing initiative on the Grand Parkway between Highway 290 and Highway 249.
According to police reports, the initiative was in response to complaints regarding speeding, racing and reckless driving on the Grand Parkway. The constable deployed his special operations units and other patrol division resources to combat the problem over the weekend.
There were no reported street racing incidents or accidents in the area of the initiative.
“We will continue to monitor the area worked this past weekend,” Herman said. “Illegal street racing will not be tolerated on our roadways.”
Below are some statistics from the initiative:
• 45 citations for speeding issued
• 3 felony arrests including evading in a motor vehicle, assault on a public servant and possession of a controlled substance.
You can support the Cypress News Review in a handful of ways.
1. We’re uploading our action and news photos to a new reseller. https://cypressnewsreview.pixieset.com/
2. Become a monthly patron for as little as $1 via Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/CypressNewsReview).
3. Like our Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CypressNewsReview), follow our Twitter (https://twitter.com/CypressNewsRev), and subscribe to our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIuHUwXbt_R673iszcLz7g).
We’re relatively new to the scene, so our numbers might look small, but they’re growing exponentially thanks to your liking and sharing our content. Cypress is our home, and has gone for far too long without a dedicated news source, and we aim to fill that gap.